We made it to Houston last night after flying in from Tennessee for Thanksgiving. I had my blood work this morning and I was then supposed to have my chemo at 10. It was nearing noon, and they still had or received the results of my blood work. They finally got in and my ANC was .29. Ugh!!! Remember last week it was .86 and it was too low? Well, this week even lower.
The nurse could not get in touch with Dr. Morrow to see what she wanted to do. We are in the main building this week since our normal one is closed for the holidays. Apparently weekends and especially holiday weekends are crazy over here. They still have not talked to Dr. Morrow and they must talk to her before they order chemo. They were able to administer the neupogin shot, but cannot do anything else without Dr. Morrow's approval.
We were planning on heading home to West Monroe today, but now we will just wait here until they hear from Dr. Morrow. They will definitely hear from her on Monday, but we are praying that she calls them back sooner and I can get chemo tomorrow.
I just cried and cried when the nurse told me we couldn't schedule chemo for today or tomorrow. Even a day or a few days, or a week to be off schedule seems like an eternity. The nurse told me I need to rest my body, so we are resting today and tying to enjoy some time together. Please pray that Dr. Morrow calls back soon. We will keep you updated.