Thursday, November 14, 2013

Relax and say "Jesus"

My Brain MRI

A few weeks ago when I had my brain MRI, I was scared. Not as panicked as I have gotten in the past, but of course scared. My head pain was excruciating and pain and fear are not a good combination. I thought I would share with you a short moment of my brain MRI experience.





My prayer

From the moment my oncologist recommended a brain MRI for my head pain, I began to pray for a certain technician that would perform my test. This technician did my MRI last time, when I was having head pain in March (which ended up being shingles). He was so kind and gentle. I remember him taking extra good care of me, and the part that mattered the most- him trying to find out my results quickly. I knew the report of my MRI before I left, and THAT is something that cannot have a price on it. In moments like those, people could make a ton of money to let me know my results soon. Not sure where I would get the money, but don't worry, I'd find a way!

Anyways, so I had been praying for that exact technician. And who is the person that walks out? HIM! I immediately feel at ease. He hates to see me again (because of the reason) and really has compassion toward me. And of course I am hoping and praying he will be able to give me fast results again.

The Name of Jesus

As I was having my scan, which took about 30 minutes, I was completely depleted of words to pray. In previous scans, I would pray or sing, or scriptures would come to mind, but nothing was coming to mind during this scan. I knew I had to keep my mind occupied. So what did I do? I just kept saying "Jesus" over and over and over. It occurred to me, as it has many times before that just His name- His simple, yet all-powerful name- is enough. More powerful than any prayer I could pray, any song I could sing, any scripture I could recite. His NAME is enough. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I just kept repeating this.

The Scripture says of the name: “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:9-11

You can relax

The first part of the MRI lasts about 20 minutes, and then they pull you out as they put an IV in. The first part of the scan is without contrast, and then the second part is with contrast that they give you through an IV. So the really nice technician comes over to put in my IV and he says, "You can relax." So I relax as much as I can physically because I have this huge plastic thing over my head and still somewhat in the tube. Then he touches me and says again, in a much more forceful way, "You can relax, if you know what I mean." I immediately lose it. Tears are streaming down my face as I still can't move to wipe them off. It became clear that he was telling me that from what he saw so far, everything looked okay.

He could never know how much that means to someone like me,although I plan on sending him a card, trying to explain how much. It meant the world for him to calm my fears and take extra good care of me. You know what wasn't hard to do once he told me to relax??!!! PRAISE!!! The praise just flowed off of my lips. No trouble coming up with those words! There is POWER in the name of Jesus. It took them about 5 times to get my IV in and finally went in through my wrist, but I didn't care, because I am Aly Taylor and I am cancer-free! Not much else matters at that moment. There is no telling the type of pain I could be in and not much else would matter.

"For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths,
 from the realm of the dead."
Psalm 86:13

Relief

So, after my contrast, he again reassures me that the radiologist said that there was no sign of metastatic disease. Relief- what SWEET relief. My prayers were answered. Not only was it clear, but every part of the process was what I had prayed for. The place, the technician, the fast results. I didn't get the call that things were clear for 2 days after my scan. So I would have had to wait for 2 WHOLE days....so beyond thankful for people that care. That go above and beyond.

But, I still need you to pray for relief. My dizziness has gotten tons better. My headaches have persisted, but they are a little less and not as intense. My ear was bothering me, so I went to the ENT thinking that maybe it was problems with my inner ear, but that looked fine. I have an appointment with my dentist next week to see if I possibly have TMJ. It seems like I have many of those symptoms. So, please pray for non-serious answers!!!



Just thought I would share a little moment in time that is forever ingrained in my memory. If you are struggling to find the words to pray or say, just say Jesus. There is no better name, word, or utterance that could ever be said! 


In his All- Mighty and Powerful Name,


Aly

1 comment:

The Heart Mom said...

Prayers, Aly, for relief from your pain. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you as you continue to move into the "cancer-free" frame of reference. I'm so grateful for that great MRI report! Praise you Jesus! You are the child of the King. You are a daughter of the most High God. You are a fellow heir with Christ of the Heavenly Kingdom. There is NOTHING God cannot and will not do. He will MOVE that mountain for you. Because He loves you so. Prayers for His reassurance and peace and for total complete absolute healing. Love you, Joneal