Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Surgery tomorrow at 11 a.m.

So, after meeting with Dr. Villa this afternoon, we have scheduled surgery for tomorrow morning at 11. As they took off the bandage, it was clear that the expander had become exposed and that surgery needed to happen ASAP. There was also a new little spot that looked like it was going to exposed, so we are all in agreement for the surgery to happen tomorrow.

It will be the same surgery that was just done on my right side, except now it will be on my left. The surgery will take 6 hours, and I will be in the hospital for 3-5 nights. I will have 4 new drains placed in on the left side during surgery. I got my last drain out today, so I can enjoy 1 night with no drains, and then will have 4 tomorrow:)

Josh will keep everyone updated. We are confident this is part of God's plan for me. I am just ready for it to all be over. We were at the hospital all afternoon doing so many pre-surgery things. We really were spoiled last time when we got to go straight back!:)

Please pray for Dr. Villa and those working on me tomorrow. That the Lord will guide their hands and tools as they aide in bringing me back to health. Pray for mine, Josh, and my family's  hearts and minds to be guarded and strengthened. Thank the Lord that I am healed and whole and cancer-free.

I am holding tight to my confession that God has healed me and will bring me to full restoration! Praise Him!

"Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen,amen!! Believing with you guys!! ms janis

Emma! said...

Praying for you!
-Emma Guillory

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family! You are such an encouragement to other!!

Arline and Alex Romanoff
Starkville, MS