Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's Good to Be Home...In Houston

Our Houston Home

Yes, we are in Houston. No, we aren't moving to Houston. With the recent sell of our house (which we'll be blogging about later), we've had several people question where we are moving.

We will still be in West Monroe, Lord Willing. But for today, we are in Houston.

It is truly amazing to come to a place 6 hours away that truly feels like home. Our Stanfill Family, our fave places, and even MD Anderson.

They bring a familiarity that is fun to come and visit. So many hurdles and so many victories in our lives involve Houston.

This was us today at the Galleria. Josh was ready to shop after sitting at the Apple store for 3 hours. I had been walking the  mall. Let's just say that one of us was tired and one of us was ready to go:)




We Covet Your Prayers

This is basically a post to just ask for prayer.

Tomorrow (Thursday), I meet with my surgical oncologist, and I will have blood work drawn, as well as an X-ray. On Friday, I will meet with my radiation oncologist.

Please pray that my X-Ray and blood work look perfect. No concerns. That my doctors just once again are amazed at my miracle.


God is Our Home

It's crazy that 2 1/2 years have passed since our first trip to this hospital. When at one time we were overwhelmed and confused, we now feel at home here. We know where things are. We know who people are. But most of all, God has been so real to us here. Where he is, there is holy ground. Houston has been holy ground. God has truly been our home.

So, we covet your prayers and ask that you agree with us for wonderful appointments these next few days.


3 John 1:2 "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in every way and [that your body] may keep well, even as [I know] your soul keeps well and prospers. "

In the meantime, we are enjoying our Stanfill Family, Whole Foods, the Galleria..the list goes on and on.

I may or may not have cried in Whole Foods today. Someone was feeling thankful and loving all the amazing healthy options.

Yes, I'm weird, I know.


Praying and believing ONCE again,


Aly

No comments: