Friday, June 27, 2014

It Never Gets Old for God to Show Out

Houston Fun 

Thank you all so very much for the prayers the last couple of days. We are back home in West Monroe after a few amazing days in Houston. We love when we can schedule some fun around our doctor's visits in Houston. And That is just what we did- had fun.

We had a blast yesterday at an Astros' game with our second mom, Ms. Tammy. We then got to hang out and have dinner together before we had to leave. I love having good quality time with the Stanfills. It always makes the trip so much better.

This was our fun day at the Astros game. Everything is more fun with Ms. Tammy!
Dr. Babiera and Dr. Strom

I met with my surgery oncologist (Dr. Babiera) on Wednesday and she basically just examined me. She is so encouraging, kind, and funny. I always love seeing her. (Even if we did have to wait for several hours:))

With Dr. Babiera at an appointment after my mastectomy surgery
A year later (last June) seeing her at my yearly appointment
This was yesterday's appointment as Dr. Babiera was examining me. I didn't know the paparazzi (AKA Josh) was snapping pics

This is a picture I took with Dr. Litton shortly after
I finished chemo.
As Dr. Babiera was finishing up with me, we ran into my oncologist, Dr. Litton (I'll see her in August) and got to visit a little bit. A treat to have them both together!
I have been struggling with some lymphedema in my left arm. This has been going on for a little over a month, and it has been a huge struggle. There are days I am fine with it, but then days I get really down about it. It hurts and it's ugly to have a swollen arm.

I am reminded that this problem is NOTHING in comparison of what could be, but it has been a struggle.

So, Dr. Babiera ordered a doppler ultrasound to make sure that my blood vessels were clear, and they were! Praise God! So I will just continue on with physical therapy to try and help my lymphedema. Please please pray it goes away! I am trying to build my faith that it will.

This morning I had an appointment with my radiation oncologist, Dr. Strom. His main objective was to go over my blood work and my X-ray and to examine me. My blood work and X-ray were perfect!
My last year's visit with Dr. Strom
Today's visit with Dr. Strom
He then examined me and emphasized the importance of continuing to stretch my pec muscle, moisturize, and massage my radiation area. It is all still so tight and stuck down from radiation. I also have these beautiful red spider veins from radiation that he said I could have lasered off at some point.

For now, I am good with the ugly veins:) But, when I get to the place I want to address them, I am glad to know that is an option. Dr. Strom is wonderful as usual. He is so kind and affectionate, and I love that. You can tell he really, truly cares.
Check-ups are Still Difficult

2 1/2 years from my diagnosis and I wonder if these check-ups ever get easier. My faith has grown, yes. I expect good outcomes, yes. But, my emotional state building up to these appointments that hold that much weight is still crazy.

I don't know if that will ever go away. But, in a way I am thankful for it. It reminds me that these good appointments should not be taken lightly.

Oh, the people that expect a good appointment and leave with devastating news. I literally cannot imagine.

So, I won't ever stop being amazed. I won't ever stop remembering what God's done. I won't ever stop telling people what He did for me.

I am healed. I am whole. What I've proclaimed from the beginning I won't ever stop proclaiming, in Jesus' name.

Thank you for praying me through,


Aly

No comments: