Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pressing on...

-Aly-

So much has happened in the last few weeks. First off, the "Fight Like a Mom" event was amazing! Pathway Church in Mobile is an incredible church, and the ladies there were awesome. The event was great (Rhonda and her team are awesome, seriously!). We had great praise and worship, heard amazing (when I say amazing, I mean AMAZING) testimonies, we spoke, ladies prayed for others at the altar and left encouraged and uplifted. God definitely calmed our nerves about speaking. When we first tried to come up with what we wanted to share...it was well over 2 hours. We squeezed that down to about 45 minutes and took out HUGE parts. But we prayed that God would give us the words HE wanted us to share, and we feel He did that. The hardest part was the preparation as we had to re-live our toughest moments while sharing our story...God was glorified and we believe we obeyed him by sharing.

The women there encouraged me as much as I've ever been encouraged. One woman (who God miraculously enabled her to get pregnant) came up to me and said ,"God and I are carrying your burden for pregnancy. You don't have to carry it. I will be praying for you until we see that miracle baby." WOW..tears flowing.... These were the kinds of things that the women were saying to me. They were expectant for God to continue showing His healing in my life and speaking that to me. Just what I needed to hear. It really is true that when you bless others, you will end up blessed.

There were so many pictures and videos taken that night. Some of my awesome friends and family came to support us- Josh's parents, my mom and Mr. Joey, some of my extended family members, Margot, Ainsley, and my friends, Alicia and Erin surprised me!!! It was definitely comforting to know there were those in the audience who were not only supporting me, but who lived out this past year and a half alongside us.

I will post more pics as we get them, but here are a few from the "Fight Like a Mom" Event.




We have of course experienced attacks from the devil, which has been terrible. We believe this has much to do with our sharing our story on March 17th. Much back pain and head pain. You all know now that my brain MRI came back clear- praise God! I KNOW it was an attack from the devil, which just makes me so mad at him. It was a pain I have never felt before in my head...just to scare me and have me doubt. I continue to know I am healed,  and he just keeps trying to scare me. It is so frustrating to have emotions waver so much. I have to continue trusting the TRUTH and not my emotions. I am learning the the devil loves to attack me physically (with pains) and then my emotions. I am learning that often times sin starts with emotions; therefore, I can't trust my emotions- they can often lead to sin. The ONLY thing I am sure of is God and His word, so that is what I will hold to.

In the last few weeks, I have finished my PhD comps!!! I have yet to receive my grade, but I am so thankful they are over. I am still working on completing my dissertation proposal draft, but it is getting exciting that my PhD course work is almost done.

I am on my Spring Break and we are at the beach!!! Just Josh and I have come to the beach and I don't think I have ever needed a "get-away" more. I know there are people in the world that are struggling with things much more serious than we are, but to have a few days to rest and relax outside of our normal world has been such a blessing for the Taylors. We have a few more days here--rainy today, but rain or shine-we are thankful for time away. We are so thankful for the generosity of those who make this possible.

Last year for my Spring Break, we came to the beach and we have been reflecting on how much has changed since last year. I remember being so self-conscious with my bald head, no fingernails/toenails, and my port...this year, no one would even know I used to be sick...so overwhelming and we have much to be thankful for. We have been using this time to rest and to come up with goals for ourselves- with God, in life, in our relationships, etc...We are more determined than ever to be purposeful with how we live the life God has blessed us with.

I am still struggling with back pain. It is definitely getting better...Praise the Lord, but I have definitely been sympathetic toward those who struggle with back pain. It literally affects everything. I think it all started when I overdid it with my workouts. I have stopped exercising with my personal trainer and have been taking a "break." I have mostly been walking, riding the stationary bike, and stretching. For anyone who knows me, this has been SO hard. I love to be active and it has been a struggle to not be able to run and exercise like I want to. I know God is teaching me something through all of this. I am trusting and praying I can get back to being more active...just trying not to push it too much.

Thank you all for praying for me. Josh has been amazing these past few weeks. Praying for me when I've needed it (which has been A LOT), praying for me in the middle of the night, anointing me with oil, and continuing to remind me I am healed. I am so blessed. Our friends and family continue to stand in the gap for us.

While at the "Fight Like a Mom" event, we met another girl (Chastity) who will win her fight with breast cancer. I knew it was time to get rid of my wigs (I have two), so I sent her one of them, along with a breast cancer pin another survivor gave me during treatment. I was to pass it on to another survivor. So thankful to be able to pass these off, but it was definitely hard for me to do- a sign of me releasing my faith and pressing on to what's ahead. 

"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead" Phil. 3:13

Here are some pics of me with my wig and the pin I passed on to Chastity.


This was a picture I took during chemo last year. I was so nervous to wear this wig in public. Now it's passed on to another survivor:)


Here is the wig and pin right before I boxed it up to send to Chastity. Won't ever need this again, in Jesus' name.

Beach pictures and "Fight Like a Mom' pictures to come. Please continue praying for my "pains" to go away, and for me to continue putting my trust and faith in God and His word.

Trusting,


Aly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know you personally but I <3 you! You are an inspiration. Your strength is amazing. Believing Isaiah 46:4 for your and your life. ((Hugss)) Your sister in Christ Jesus!

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.