Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Salon 7 Fundraiser and Life Lately

Hey guys,

It feels like a while since I've written and it has been a busy, great last couple of weeks. As you saw from Josh's post, last week made a year from my initial diagnosis. I am so thankful beyond words. I had the chance to share last week on my 1 year diagnosis anniversary. I spoke to the CCS chapel about how my love for God has changed over this last year, and how his love for me has impacted my journey. Although I cried most of the time, it was an honor to share some of what God has done in my life over the last year- I feel like I have so much to share! It is so hard, and just simply impossible to share the things God has done in my life in a "speech" or an "interview." I could literally talk all day long and still not begin to explain how this past year has impacted me and my relationship with God.

I know I've shared this before but I love it:
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death." Rev. 12:11

I thought it was neat the way God timed my speaking to chapel- on the actual 1 year anniversary. I got a text from Ms. Jenny, one of my many encouragers throughout this, that basically said that me declaring what the Lord has done is basically giving the devil a kick in the face:) I hadn't thought about the actual day and what that was saying to the devil... I will overcome by Jesus' blood and the word of my testimony!

I also spoke at Delta Community College's breast cancer awareness program on the day after my 1 year anniversary. God's timing is perfect, isn't it? I hadn't spoke to a group since July and then 2 events, two days in a row, surrounding my anniversary. I was able to share my story with others, tell of Jesus' healing, and bring awareness to breast cancer and women being proactive. It was wonderful, and so many came up to me afterwards telling of how touched they were by my story. I shared the video that Josh made for me after my last chemo, and I am always amazed at how moved people are by it. People have facebooked me about it, emailed me, asked me where I go to church, hugged me, thanked me, cried with me...it truly is amazing how God's story of healing me reaches so many people. God has big plans for me, and I know one of those plans is continuing to tell His story about me...and I will...forever and ever!

This past week has been kind of crazy because I have had midterms, but thank the Lord, they are over! I just turned in my last paper yesterday and did a presentation. I have been feeling much better with my back. It doesn't hurt much at all any more and just flares up from time to time. I went to the doctor this week in Monroe, as my oncologist advised that for the pain I am still having in my side and some stomach issues. They are running some tests to see if they can figure out what is going on. We should have some of the results on Friday. Please pray that the results can give us some answers or guidance on how to proceed and keep me the healthiest possible.

Satan has been attacking me this week- especially in my dreams. The worst possible nightmares you can imagine. God has been opening my spiritual eyes so much here lately and I am seeing and realizing things about God, Satan, and myself that I've never seen before. I am thankful for this spiritual insight, but I know that can sometimes fuel Satan's attacks. I'm standing firm, but I definitely need prayers. Thank you for praying for this... I need God's protection on my life in every way.

"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy." Psalm 5:11

So, I am super excited about a fundraiser that is going on for Aly's fight on Friday. I get my hair done at Salon 7 with Stephanie Noland, and she is amazing. She is the one who rallied everyone together to get money for Racquel (my wig) and she washed and styled Racquel during my 6 months of no hair. The entire salon and the people who worked there have been some of my biggest supporters. Many of them go to my church. After I was first diagnosed, I went there to get my hair cut for the first cut and they prayed over me, loved on me, and cried with me...Stephanie also brushed my hair out of a rats nest that took place when my hair really started falling out, as she indiscreetly kept putting huge balls of hair into the trash can when I wasn't looking...they care about me, love me and pray for me... I could go on and on about them, but they are doing yet another thing for me- AMAZING, right?

Well Erin Goodfellow, another awesome friend and hairstylist at Salon 7 contacted me about doing a fundraiser. I had no idea what all they were doing...it is awesome. The fundraiser is this Friday, October 26th from 10a.m. until 5 p.m. They are shutting down the salon that day to do this- I'm still in awe! They have had many businesses donate items for a silent auction, they are selling plate lunches, and selling super cute salon 7 t-shirts. They are also selling pink extension and pink hair prodcuts that will go towards Aly's fight as well. I am working on Friday morning, but then heading over there that afternoon to hang out with these awesome girls doing all of this for me. To have people still supporting us and realizing we are still struggling is the biggest blessing. I want to be more like this. When I see people struggling, or when the "fight" seems to be over, I want to be insightful enough to realize they are still struggling, and I want to DO something. Thank you Salon 7 for being that example to me!!!

This is how I feel about Salon 7. They exemplify this verse : "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35

Pictures are posted below of what Salon 7 looks like this week. Hope you will at least come by the salon and give me a hug or say hi. I will be there:) The address is 511 Hudson lane, Monroe La. From 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Please continue to pray for complete healing, good test results, protection from the evil one, and that God's story of my healing with continue to be shared! Over 235,000 views of this blog...making Jesus famous!


The front of Salon 7
 
Some of the "pink" hair products

 
 
 Flyers they have put out
 
 
Pumpkins at the Salon
 

 
Salon 7 t-shirts they are selling

 
Me speaking at CCS chapel being interviewed by my brother-in-law, Lee
 

No comments: