Sunday, January 8, 2012

10 Rounds Down!

Double digits!!!! I am so excited. We had a great week in Crested Butte with our church family. I skiied every day and we had a blast. For the most part, I felt no different than I would any other year on a ski trip. The weather was wonderful. In the 30's and 40's every day- I didn't even have to use hand or toe warmers!! For those who know me well, you know that I am always cold, and I did not have trouble with it at all. I believe God knew what weather I needed and He gave it to me. It was incredible!

I have been feeling great this week, but a new side effect has come on. My fingernails and toenails are so, so sore. Many times on this type of chemo, peoples' fingernails and toenails become sore, can become black, and even fall off. That's a pretty description, huh?:) Well, mine are just so stinking sore! It feels like everyone one of my fingernails and toenails have been smashed in a door. It hurts to clap, grab things, and even type! It's crazy, but not unbearable. But that is a new side effect.

I cannot tell you all just how ready I am to switch to the FAC chemo. To know that I will be on the strongest medicine and closer to surgery will do so much for me. I know that if God doesn't heal me before surgery, to have anything that was at one time cancerous taken out of my body, will bring me great peace of mind. I will have my first FAC treatment on January 26th-SO ready!!

God has been so good to me this week. I had an amazing week in Colorado and felt almost as good as I do not on chemo...we made all of our flights and He kept us safe on all of the drives.

We also moved in our house on Saturday!! Oh my goodness, it is so beautiful. Josh and I just keep saying how surreal it feels to be in our house. We could not have finished it without the help of so many- Jonathan Hill, Martin West, David Fox, Matt Remington, Brandon Brown, Brandon Tarantino, Jason Hinton, Jimmy Russell, Shad Wall, The Lewis', Paul Murphy, Steve Simms, The Taylors, The Echols, Kitty Head, my mom--- I know I missed so many. It truly has been overwhelming the love that our friends and family have shown us in helping us get into our house.

Here are some pictures from round 10 and Crested Butte, CO.


2 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful pics, Aly! I am one of your prayer warriors via Ginny via Velynda Shaw. You are always on my heart and in my prayers. Karen Beach

LP said...

Your posts are always so positive no matter what news you are bringing! What a beautiful, Godly, amazing young woman you are Aly!